House League Program Overview
The Milton Youth Hockey (MYH) House League program will not only improve the skill level of your player(s), but more importantly it will teach your player(s) how to enjoy the game of Hockey. As a parent or guardian, we need your help to ensure your player(s) enjoy this great sport. Massachusetts Hockey has prescribes the conduct to which MYH fully supports, for example:
I will not force my child to participate in hockey. I will try to make it FUN!
- I will remember that my child plays hockey for his or her enjoyment, not mine.
- I will make my child feel like a winner every time by offering praise for competing fairly and hard.
- I will never ridicule or yell at my child for making a mistake or losing a game.
We want you to enjoy the game of hockey as much as your player(s). Encourage your player(s). This program is about learning, having a blast and just enjoying the game. Together we can achieve this for your young player(s). Please see other sections of this web site for additional information. Registration for the up coming 2021-2022 season is now available - please click on the Register Online tab on our home page.
Full equipment, including neck guard is required. All this equipment is for your players safety and helps them (and you!!) to get used to dressing and playing as they advance up the age divisions. Here is a listing of the full equipment:
- Helmet (HECC approved*) with cage
- Mouth Guard (suggested, but not required)
- Neck Guard
- Shoulder Pads
- Elbow Pads
- Hockey Gloves
- Hockey shirt (MYH will provide a game shirt)
- Shin Guards
- Cup/Jock/Shorts (different versions for under the pants - look for Velcro tabs to support socks)
- Socks (to cover the shin guards)
- Hockey Skates
- Stick - Tape (any color!) for top of stick and blade
- Pucks - for practice at home
- Hockey Equipment Bag
Some local stores carry hockey equipment (partial list below)
- Play It Again Sports (used and new gear) (Rt 1 south - Dedham)
- Beantown Athletics (Granite Avenue - Dorchester)
- Pure Hockey (Wood Rd - Braintree)
- The Hockey Monkey (Rt 1 south - Norwood)
- Sports Authority (Braintree)
- Dicks Sporting Goods (Dedham or Brockton)
If you are interested in becoming one of our House League Coaches - Great! Please click on the Forms Tab on the home page and fill out the House League Coaching Application. If you do plan on coaching in any way, you must also fill out and complete a CORI form. This is a Mass Hockey requirement. Please print out, complete the form and submit it to Patrick Lovett or Kevin Hardy directly while at the rink.
If you just want to help out in anyway, please contact:
QUESTIONS AND CONTACTS
Should you have any questions regarding the MYH House League, please feel free to contact Patrick or Kevin. On behalf of the MYH House League Program Committee, thank you for considering MYH and we look forward to your participation.
MYH House League Program Committee
*USA hockey requires the use of HECC approved helmets by all participants in all age classifications. "HECC" stands for the “Hockey Equipment Certification Council” and they are responsible for certifying hockey equipment. Helmets that meet the certification criteria will be clearly marked with the HECC seal. Make sure to look for it.