Code of Conduct
USA Hockey Administrator's Code of Conduct
Follow the rules and regulations of USA Hockey and your association to ensure that the association’s philosophy and objectives are enhanced.
- Support programs that train and educate players, coaches, parents, officials and volunteers.
- Promote and publicize your programs; seek out financial support when possible.
- Communicate with parents by holding parent/player orientation meetings as well as by being available to answer questions and address problems throughout the season.
- Work to provide programs that encompass fairness to the participants and promote fair play and sportsmanship.
- Recruit volunteers, including coaches, who demonstrate qualities conducive to being role models to the youth in our sport.
- Encourage coaches and officials to attend USA Hockey clinics and advise your board members of the necessity for their training sessions.
- Make every possible attempt to provide everyone, at all skill levels, with a place to play.
- Read and be familiar with the contents of the USA Hockey Annual Guide and USA Hockey’s official playing rules.
- Develop other administrators to advance to positions in your association, perhaps even your own.